Berghs Connect is an online forum and communications platform exclusively available to Berghs students, alumni and partners, provided to you by Berghs School of Communication.
Please note that this document contains three separate sections:
2. Career and Recruitment – About upcoming features of Berghs Connect
- Berghs Connect is a social communications platform exclusively available to Berghs students, alumni and partners, provided by Berghs School of Communication.
- Registration and use is voluntary and free of charge. By using Berghs Connect, either in communicating with other users or when sharing material, your information and content will be accessible to all other users of Berghs Connect. You may delete your account at any time but shared content may still be accessible within Berghs Connect.
- You are responsible for the information you submit and the content you share through use of Berghs Connect and for preventing unauthorised use of your account credentials. Berghs School of Communication does not control and is not responsible for any content or details in such content, shared by users of Berghs Connect.
- Berghs Connect is provided as is, without any warranties as to functions, accessibility, performance or regarding continued provision or support of the service. Berghs School of Communication does not warrant the accuracy of information shared or communicated through use of Berghs Connect.
- Berghs School of Communication is not liable for any direct or indirect damages, costs, losses or inconveniences occurring or resulting out of use or in relation to Berghs Connect.
- Berghs School of Communication does not claim ownership or license to any information or content you share. When sharing content, you are responsible for ensuring that the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of others are not infringed. Use or access to Berghs Connect does not imply any transfer of rights.
- When using Berghs Connect, users are encouraged to freely communicate and share information and ideas. When doing so, each user is responsible for refraining from any offensive, abusive, objectionable, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate content or language.
- Users of Berghs Connect shall at all times refrain from any unauthorised copying, decompiling, reverse engineering, manipulation, data mining or bypassing of security measures in relation to the Berghs Connect online platform, as well as any export, encryption or deletion of greater quantities of data from the platform.
- Berghs School of Communication reserves the right to cancel or suspend any Berghs Connect user, access or account and to delete any content in violation of these terms.
- Berghs School of Communication reserves the right amend or add to these terms, at which point users will be given notice at least 30 days in advance, allowing each user continued use under amended term or cancellation of account.
- Any dispute, claim, controversy or legal proceeding in connection with the use, provision or otherwise in relation to Berghs Connect, shall be governed and construed under Swedish law and be referred to the Stockholm District Court.
2. Career and Recruitment
As part of upcoming added features, Berghs Connect will be partially opened to companies and organisations interested in recruiting and sharing information regarding career opportunities with the users of Berghs Connect.
When these features are implemented, information you have shared within Berghs Connect may be accessed by these third party companies or organisations and you may receive communications within this context, from these parties engaging in recruitment activities through Berghs Connect.
Companies and organisations engaging in recruitment initiatives in partnership with Berghs School of Communication will be able to use Berghs Connect as a platform for communications and interaction with potential candidates, and may contact you regarding career opportunities.
Your participation in the utilization of Berghs Connect as a communications and recruitment platform is voluntary. However, by registering an account you acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of the addition of these features.
When registering an account and using Berghs Connect, your personal data will be processed. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as yourself. This can include name, email, other contact information, credentials (academic or otherwise), images of identifiable individuals, etc.
As provider of Berghs Connect and acting as personal data controller, “Berghs” (Berghs School of Communication AB, org. no 556135-0355, address Sveavägen 34, Box 1380, 1193 Stockholm SWEDEN, telephone: +46 8-587 550 00, email firstname.lastname@example.org) is mainly responsible for the processing of personal data within the provision and use of Berghs Connect.
Purpose of processing: Upon registering an account and as a result of your subsequent use of Berghs Connect, your personal data is processed for the purpose of administration, moderation and overall function of Berghs Connect – To connect with each other and to be able to receive messages regarding events, job opportunities and such. While you are not obliged to submit any personal data, doing so is necessary if you wish to access Berghs Connect.
Aside from submitting the personal data required to register an account, the types of personal data that will be processed depends on how you use Berghs Connect, how you interact with other users and what information you choose to share. Furthermore, your personal data is processed to manage your profile at Berghs Connect, to communicate information shared through Berghs Connect and to make your profile and the content you share visible to other users.
As part of upcoming added features, Berghs Connect will be partially opened to companies and organisations interested in recruiting and sharing information regarding career opportunities with the users of Berghs Connect. When these features are implemented, your personal data may be processed for these purposes and information you have shared within Berghs Connect may be accessed by these third party companies or organisations. This processing of personal data will be legally based on the legitimate interest of Berghs and our partners, to utilize Berghs Connect in part as a communications and recruitment platform, in order to connect interested users with potential future employers and to share information with users regarding career opportunities.
As legal basis for the processing of your personal data in this regard, this legitimate interest of Berghs and its partners is carefully assessed to make sure the interests of users or their fundamental rights and freedoms, is not in conflict with the interests of Berghs in such a way as would require protection of personal data. In other words, a balancing of interests has been made which allows the processing of personal data for career and recruitment features within Berghs Connect.
Recipients of personal data: When using Berghs Connect, your personal registration data is shared with other users. Information you choose to share will be made available to other users and Berghs through the features of Berghs Connect.
Storage period: Your personal data is processed as long as you have an active account registered in Berghs Connect. If you cancel your account, your personal data; account info, discussions, posts, messages and anything attached to your profile will be deleted.
Automated decision-making: No automated decision-making or profiling, automated processing of personal data to evaluate personal aspects relating to you as a person is made when you register or use Berghs Connect.
Your rights: If your personal data is processed, you are considered a “registered” individual under applicable legislation, which gives you certain rights. You have the right to, free of charge, request access to your personal data being processed by us. If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request rectification. In case you would like to move your personal data, you have the right to make such a request (data portability) in order to facilitate transfer of personal data you have submitted to another party. Furthermore, you also have the right to request a limitation of the data processing or in any other way object to the processing. You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data and that all processing of your personal data ceases. If you have any questions or wish to make a request as per above, please contact email@example.com.
Complaints: In addition to above rights, you also have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data. To do so, you may contact The Swedish Data Protection Authority (www.datainspektionen.seor telephone: 08-657 61 00).
Last updated: May 17, 2018