About the Program
Berghs Bachelor is an international study program designed for young students who want to pursue an international career in communication. You kickstart your undergraduate studies at Berghs School of Communication in Stockholm with a full-time foundation semester in English. Then you move abroad and complete your Bachelor’s Degree in the USA, the UK or Australia. You can choose the program that suits you best at one of our partner schools in San Francisco, London, Edinburgh, Sydney or Perth.
Below you will find information about the semester at Berghs. In the right column you will find all information, including fees, regarding Berghs’ partner school abroad.
The semester at Berghs
The semester at Berghs gives you a foundation for your future international studies, practical professional tools, and a broad view on both the strategic and creative process. The semester consists of five courses, all delivered in English with Berghs’ unique action-based pedagogy.
Core courses (mandatory):
• Making your Point is a professional presentation course that helps you structure your pitch and improve your narrative, your voice, and body language.
• Marketing Communication uses a real-life brief to navigate you through the process of creating a communication solution to a client challenge.
• Thinking Media teaches you four key perspectives to analyse and frame media products today.
• Visual Communication teaches you storytelling and narrative tools to help you direct and curate your own visual product.
Elective courses (choose one of the following four):
• Copywriting. The course gives you tools for creative writing, including framing concepts, storytelling, tonality, messaging, dialogue and interplay.
• Strategic Communication. The course explores key elements of strategy, intersecting business objectives with consumers’ attention and brand value.
• Graphic Design. The course trains you to apply design thinking, colors, typography, and grids to a number of design projects.
• UX Design. An introductory course to User Experience Design focusing on creating user-friendly communication in digital environments.
All five courses (4 core courses plus 1 elective course) are transferred into your curriculum abroad. The number of credits that you are given varies depending on the partner school you choose and the specific course you apply to.
The Berghs Bachelor Scholarship:
Helping Berghs Bachelor applicants making their study abroad dreams come true. Read more here.
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
The Academy of Art University, is located in downtown San Francisco. Here you can study for a Fine Art degree and immerse yourself in a unique combination of art and technology.
Billy Blue College of Design, Sydney, Australia
Billy Blue was founded in 1987 by the design and communications agency Billy Blue Creative. Today, the School is one of Australia’s top Design Colleges, right in the center of Sydney.
Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland
Edinburgh Napier University is a young and progressive University set in a fun student city. Here you can study media & communications or marketing & digital media degrees.
Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia
Edith Cowan University (ECU) in Perth is where high living standards meet flexible degrees. Here you can combine Communication studies with Marketing units.
Ravensbourne University, London, UK
Ravensbourne is an industry-focused University located in East London. Here you learn with unique studio culture and study for practical digital-media and design degrees.
Berghs School of Communication (Stockholm)
CSN funding NOT available
You can find answers to the most frequently asked question here.
We do what it takes to deliver all courses in a safe, engaging, and inspiring way. Discover all the things we’re doing to run this course safely onsite here. But if needed, we’re also prepared to move this course online. That can be a smooth transition thanks to Canvas (as a platform) and Zoom (for interactive classes). We’re experts at deploying them quickly and smoothly, and using them to maintain a consistent learning experience.
We pass on the latest updates from our partner schools, plus a contact person at each school who can answer your questions. That way, you can make informed decisions about local regulations and course conditions before you continue your education abroad.