Taught on-site in Stockholm, Berghs Advanced is an intense full-time communication course for international students, aimed at bridging the gap between studies and career.
This add-on semester is complete with cases and real-life projects. Learn new tools and apply them to practical projects, while strengthening your communicative leadership skills.
Berghs Advanced is designed for international students coming from communication, art, business, and technology schools. We offer a cross-disciplinary approach – in other words, all courses are taught by active industry professionals and keep theory to a minimum and practice to a maximum. At the end of the semester, you’ll walk away with the practical communication skills needed to kick-start your career.
Berghs Advanced offers you
Berghs Advanced consists of four mandatory courses and one elective course.
• The Future of Marketing is built around Berghs’ trend report, featuring the most recent top cases from the global communication industry. Deconstruct cases and apply learnings to new projects, understanding current trends and the underlying principles of communication that really speak to people.
• Idea & Concept Development teaches you to harness your creativity for professional use. Uncover inspiration and structure for your creative work under the guidance of a Creative Director. Consisting of a series of playful assignments and rational exercises, this course transforms ideas into winning concepts.
• Prototyping is a hands-on course in which Berghs’ unique teaching method joins forces with the Stockholm start-up world. Learn the key stages of service design, and prototype your own ideas. Utilizing the lean start-up methodology and an iterative process to launch and implement real products, this course offers loads of practical tools.
• Pitch focuses on the best way to sell your creative work. Focusing on two aspects – how to create excellent presentation material and how to deliver the perfect pitch – this course provides you with the skills to hit the communication world running.
Elective courses (choose one of the following):
• UX Design offers up the key principles of user-experience (UX) design, providing you with practical tools to improve the efficiency of digital products. Learn key concepts and terminology and work with user tests, personas, wireframes, and responsive design.
• Data-Driven Strategy teaches analytics and trains you to use data to set strategies, focusing on performance analysis and improvement.
The two elective courses share a common project, incorporating both strategy and design.
|Last Application Date:||30 May|
|Start:||9 September 2019|
|End:||29 November 2019|
59 375 SEK
We have a rolling admissions policy. Berghs processes each application individually, assessing academic level, English level, and each applicant’s motivations and ambitions.
Qualified applicants are invited to a telephone interview. If the applicant is accepted a place on the program after the interview, Berghs sends out an offer letter and grants the student approximately one week to accept or decline. Priority is granted to applicants currently enrolled at one of Berghs’ partner universities.
Each application should include a full CV/résumé, a personal letter, and high school and/or university transcript(s). Portfolios or work samples are optional. Please note that all submitted documents must be in English.
English requirements: fluency in spoken and written English (B2 CEFR level or higher). We do not require any English tests – language levels are assessed during the interview.
Download the full program specifications and learn more about the subjects, course level, and entry requirements.
Berghs Advanced is offered as a study-abroad semester for students enrolled at one of Berghs’ Partner Schools. If this is the case, we recommend you speak to your Program Director to find out whether your school has agreed to give credit for this course and if any specific scholarships are offered.
When applying for Berghs Advanced, please specify which school you are currently attending and your course of study, so we are able to contact your home institution and submit university credits once you have completed the course.
Applicants from partner schools are granted priority. If you have any questions, please reach out. We are happy to help!
This program is designed for international students coming to Sweden from a variety of countries. Therefore, we have condensed the course schedule so that participants eligible for a tourist visa* do not need to apply for a student visa*, but can attend the program on a tourist visa (valid for a 90-day stay in the Schengen Area).
Application and Admission Requirements
What is the program fee?
Fee incl. VAT
59 375 SEK
Fee excl. VAT
47 500 SEK