Berghs Advanced is an intense full-time communication course for international students, delivered on-site at Berghs in Stockholm, that bridges the gap between your studies and your future career.
This add-on semester is packed with cases and real-life projects. You learn new tools, you apply them to practical projects and work on your own communicative leadership at the same time.
The program is designed for international students, coming from schools of communication, arts, business, and technology. We offer a cross-disciplinary approach, all courses are delivered by active industry professionals, they are low on theory and very high on practice. At the end of the semester, you gain practical communication skills that can be used to start your career.
Berghs Advanced gives you
Berghs Advanced consists of four mandatory courses that all students attend and one elective course.
Core courses (mandatory):
• The Future of Marketing is built on Berghs’ trend report and provides students with the latest successful cases from the global communication industry. You deconstruct cases and apply learnings to new projects, understanding current trends and the underlying principles of communication that really speaks to people.
• Idea & Concept Development teaches students to harness their creativity for professional use. Guided by a Creative Director, the students find both inspiration and structure for their creative work. The course consists of a series of playful assignments and rational exercises where ideas grow into strong concepts.
• Prototyping is a hands-on course where Berghs’ unique pedagogy joins forces with the Stockholm start-up world. The students learn the key stages of service design and prototype their own ideas. The course uses the lean startup methodology and an iterative process to launch and implement real products.
• Pitch. Students learn how to sell their creative work. The course focuses mainly on two aspects: how to make great presentation material and how to deliver the perfect pitch.
Elective courses (choose one of the following):
• UX Design. The course teaches the key principles of user experience design and provides students with practical tools for improving the efficiency of digital products. You learn key concepts and terminology and work with user tests, personas, wireframes, and responsive design.
• Data-driven Strategy. The course teaches students analytics and trains them to use data to set strategies, focusing on performance analysis and improvement.
The two elective courses share a common project where strategy and design go hand in hand.
|Last Application Date:||30 May|
|Start:||9 September 2019|
|End:||29 November 2019|
59 375 SEK
We have a rolling admission policy. Berghs processes each application individually looking at criteria such as academic level, English level, the motivations and ambitions of the applicant.
Qualified applicants are invited to an interview by telephone. If the applicant is accepted after the interview, Berghs sends an offer letter and the student usually has one week to accept or decline the offer. We give priority to applications coming from students currently enrolled at partner universities.
Your application should include a complete CV, a personal letter, and your high school and/or university transcript(s). You can also upload your portfolio or work samples (optional). Please note that all submitted documents must be in English.
English requirement: you should be fluent in spoken and written English (B2 CEFR level or higher).
We do not require any English test, your level will be assessed during the interview.
Download the full program specifications and learn more about the subjects, the level, and the entry requirements.
Berghs Advanced is offered as a study-abroad semester for students who are enrolled at one of Berghs’ Partner Schools. If this is your case, we recommend you to speak to your Program Director to find out whether your School has agreed to give credit for this course and if any specific scholarship is offered. Also, specify your School and Course of origin in your application to Berghs, so we can make direct contact with your home institution and help you receive university credits for the course.
Applicants coming from partners Schools are given priority. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask.
Application and Admission Requirements
What is the program fee?
Fee incl. VAT
59 375 SEK
Fee excl. VAT
47 500 SEK