Democratic decision-making, freedom of speech, equality and social justice are beliefs that make a society fair. We strongly condemn the violence against students and university staff in Iran. We also condemn the disruption to communications services affecting mobile usage, internet, and social media platforms removing the possibility to exchange information.
We are supporting Amnesty International in their work to end the abuse of human rights in the world.
For more information about the student protests unfolding in Iran, take a look at the links we have shared below.
- DN: Vilken roll spelar studenter i motståndet i Iran?
- Amnesty: Iranska demonstranter dödas - kräv att regeringsstyrkor upphör med våldet (namninsamling)
- Iran Human Rights: Students Violently Attacked, Arrested by Security Forces as Protests in Iran Spread
- RSF: Iran: at least 33 journalists in jail while the world marks #AccessToInfoDay
- BBC: Iran protests: Security forces crack down on Tehran university students
- Amnesty: How to communicate and document human rights violations during an internet shutdown
- The Daily: An Iranian Uprising Led By Women
- Youtube: How Iran’s Gen Z is leading protests in the streets and online